8.24.2005

Lovely Alpaca Cloud


IMG_2306
Originally uploaded by http://sauvageblue.blogspot.com.
Dear Secret Pal, I am having a bit of a time trying to figure out what I should make from the most lovely alpaca cloud yarn you sent me. It is so incredible to touch I love the way it feels in my hands. But, I have NEVER ever tried to knit with such a lovely. I am pretty intimidated to say the least. I have gone through numerous books and I have kinda narrowed it down to a few. Let me know what you think. I took a picture of the yummies and two of the books, I can't find my other book Last Minute Knitted Gift its lost somewhere in my mess. On the left is Misty Garden fromScarf Style I am thinking thats a good choice. The one on the right is Lace Shawl from Sarah Dallas Knitting but it scares the beegeebees, outta me it starts by saying cast on 285 stitches yikes! Can't say I can even count that high, smile! I saw a pretty an dainty one Airy Scarf in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. So basically I am at my wits end or rather I am lacking the wits to make a choice. I love all the wonderful giftties you spoiled me with. Thank you very, very much for your kindness. I am so looking forward to meeting you. Oops! back on track, big grin! do you have any ideas on what I should make?

4 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Cindy, how about a lace shawl?

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for patterns for you. I will e-mail you or mail you something soon! I also need desperately to update my blog, so I will reveal myself once it is done....
SP

Anonymous said...

Check your e-mail (sauvageblue at yahoo)!

Chia (SP)

gray la gran said...

i took a peek at the sarah dallas shawl. it's very beautiful, especially in the KSH. the only beef i have with the pattern (besides, not having a chart)(and i'm not afraid to c.o. 285 sts) is the edge treatment ... i like the contrast color, but, i think overall it makes the meticulously handknitted piece look like it was a chopped piece of fabric, with the garter st. selvedge, and nothing other than a contrast cast on and bind off. i like throwing in that bit of contrast color, but, i think i would add some rows of garter st. to both ends. i should take a look at some of the knit pick yarns too -- as 9 balls of KSH can be cost prohibitive :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...