5.12.2005

my prvious addiction, fabric

today I went looking for a pair of circular needles size #7 in a 12in. length, hum! I can't find them! It must be a typo on my "Hourglass" instructions I need to start my sleeves and it is asking for size#7 12in. circular needles. I tried on dpns but my gauge was so off I frogged it. I don't know what to do? I thought maybe size#6 dpns or try my 16in.size#7 circulars. I happened into my yarn slash/really a quilt shop store. I found some fabric for my back-tack exchange. It is this exchange were I send fabric to a annonymous person and then I recieve fabric from a separate annonymous person and I make a notions case for someone and send it on back with fun notions in it based on their crafts. So I can make a sewing type notions case or maybe knitting or crocheting. It is basically a secret pal exchange with a twist. So I of course bought probably enough for a few notions bags. I can't believe all the new fabrics out, yum! I guess I have been knitting so much in the past year and have been in yarn mode. I thought I would make one for a friend or truth justify my additional fabric purchase. I have been sewing since I was 9 well over 30 some years, smile. I am again self taught in this craft. I actually ventured into quilting, free-motion embroidery, soft doll making, the endless home sewing stuff, my childrens clothes and of course the still endless costumes due to a holiday or school event. When I got home I went into my fabric stash and found some other bits and well, OK! I probably sent way to much, some were quilting scraps and some were just larger piece's I cut down. I couldn't make up my mind. I am sorry back-tack exchange sew'r-upper pal. I got nervous and couldn't figure out which you would prefer to work with since I found out you are a quite an artist. Well i did cast on for a cardigan today it is "Ghost" by Kim Hardgraves. I have always wanted one like this I would have like to be able to make one with cables but NNNOOO, I don't know how to cable. My pal from secretpal4 is making one up I really admired it and this pattern is as close as I could find. I am making a cream one in Rowan All Season Cotton. Well gotta go the troops are calling.

1 comment:

luvs2knit said...

Sorry....You've been tagged! Abby tagged me.

I'm tagging my SP, Cindy, Susan (sorry), and Jill.

Here is the game:

Pick 5 of the following and then complete the sentences. Then pass it on to 3 more of your blog friends! But no tag backs!

The Premise (pick 5):

If I could be a scientist?
If I could be a farmer?
If I could be a musician?
If I could be a doctor?
If I could be a painter?
If I could be a gardener?
If I could be a missionary?
If I could be a chef?
If I could be an architect?
If I could be a linguist?
If I could be a psychologist?
If I could be a librarian?
If I could be an athlete?
If I could be a lawyer?
If I could be an inn-keeper?
If I could be a professor?
If I could be a writer?
If I could be a llama-rider?
If I could be a bonnie pirate?
If I could be an astronaut?
If I could be a world famous blogger?
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world?
If I could be married to any current famous political figure?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...