5.04.2005

progress


IMG_1705
Originally uploaded by http://sauvageblue.blogspot.com.
How is it daily life can go from one extreme to another? I have been out of town and came back to slew of endless activities, appts, driving, working and my daughters birthday and today is only wednesday. I did progress on my "Hourglass" sweater I am pretty jazzed about it considering I had become so bored with it. I don't know why that happened. But I pushed my self on. I actually worked on it during one of the meetings I attended. I didn't realise at one point I was so distracted listening and watching a video presentation I actually was knitting in the dark not even looking down. I glanced down and saw I had actually knitted about two inches. But I don't expect there will ever be a repeat performance because I have tried it since to no sucess go figure. But I am just about ready to start on the yoke. I never thought I could ever knit anything like this ever. Tonight I had to clean the corner between the wall and the sofa where I have my projects and books stashed and well what do you know I have three started projects OK and yarn for quite a few more. I also have my complete premie beanies I started for the premie project and well I actually organized my knitting needles. I found a really great circular needle holder and matching knitting bag that is very well made at a great yarn shop I popped into named Jennifer Knits in L.A.. I have to say it is the friendliest yarn shop I have been in with a great selection of yarn, books and her own patterns. I had heard she was awesome and you could actually come in with a picture and or a idea and she would create the pattern for you or adjust a pattern to your measurements or needs and help you find yarn for your project. I have to say she is very friendly, kind and take's her time to listen and considering I am new to knitting and I really do not know what I am doing or speak the lingo that is definately a plus. She had me knit up a swatch and then counted and calculated and measured ok maybe not in that order hee, hee! But I even found out I purl backwards, smile! I am totally self taught. She and her staff are brillant. One of the gals there designed the "Newsboy Cap" in Stitch and Bitch Nation and she is also very paitent, kind and can help with your knitting woes. Did I mention Jennifer is pregnant and about due any time and was so patient I was shocked! I admire her if it was me due any minute all I can say is RUN! hee, hee! It is refreshing to know there is still paitence, understanding and a willingness to teach a age old art. Well I better get to bed I have a few more of these endless days yet. I did get yarn and a customized pattern today too I will post later when I get my projects caught up.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Thank you, thank you! I just received your package. How "sweet" it is. The kids and I are going to have so much fun with the Window Cling Kit. I've never seen these. What fun. I enjoyed being your pal and will continue to stop by your blog. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the yarn you bought!

Michele said...

Hi Cindy! Just wanted to stop by and thank you so very much for the gorgeous stitch markers you sent my way. Your RAOK arrived on my birthday so even better for me! Thanks for thinking of me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...