11.07.2005

s.e.t. socks completed

Oh yeah, woohoo, yeepee! Lookie here my completed 'Sock Exchange Thingy Socks" I actually finished them last week and they are finally on the way to Peacock. I am sorry they didn't go out sooner but I haven't been feeling well. Today I was working on b.i.l.'s socks I did get a bit of progress on them while I had a 3 hour dentist visit Ugh! But, should be ready to turn the heels soon. They have been a slow going project for me the yarn is so thin I believe it's what is called fingering weight. It feels like I am knitting with dental floss and tooth picks these smaller needles are a whole different ball of wax. It is so strange knitting with the smaller needles I guess it has to do with the fact I am self taught and I started with large bamboo needles and novelty yarns and now I am gearing towards classic knitting with smaller needles and double pointed at that. I am casting on for another pair of socks and I am using this handpainted sock yarn I bought online. I bought it from "sweet georgia" its so soft and is labeled as a fingering-slash-sport weight yarn in the most incredible brightest wear your sunglasses pink, purple and as I call it 'groovy green colors. I am trying to knit up a few Christmas presents but I know I am being overly ambitious considering how close to holidays I am already. But I consider knitting my mental yoga it really has such a calming relaxing effect on me, except when I can't understand the instructions and I make dumb mistakes, because I'll tell you I hate frogging!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Wow! I love the color of this sock yarn. Can you tell me (please) what is the name of this yarn? I'm into making socks right now, and I just bought some Trekking XXL for the first time. Hope you feel better.

Christine said...

Okay dahlink, Your SET Pal here...very late SET Pal...I was almost done with your socks when the pattern monster ate my pattern and I have no idea what it was or where I got it. The original socks were/are made out of fixation. But, I could strike a deal with you...I have Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Beautiful Blues. Please forgive me and I'll include something you won't ever forget.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...